Walsh Construction breaks ground on UChicago Medicine's new Micro-Hospital and Multispecialty Center
Crown Point, Indiana - Walsh Construction joined UChicago Medicine, PMB Development and Perkins&Will to break ground on a new 130,000-square-foot micro-hospital and multispecialty center.
The $121 million two-level facility will include:
- A micro-hospital with an eight-bed emergency department and a short-stay inpatient unit.
- A comprehensive cancer center with infusion therapy as well as radiation, medical and surgical oncology.
- An imaging center with MRI, CT, PET, X-ray and ultrasound capabilities.
- An outpatient surgery center.
- Laboratory services.
- Medical offices with access to UChicago Medicine’s physicians and specialists, including those in cancer care, cardiology, digestive diseases, orthopedics, neurosciences, pediatrics, primary care, surgical specialties, transplant care and women’s health.
The Northwest Indiana Micro-Hospital and Multispecialty Center will be UChicago Medicine’s largest off-site facility, treating approximately 110,000 patient visits a year when completed.
Walsh Construction will serve as the project's general contractor with Perkins&Will as the lead designer. The facility is expected to open in Spring 2024.
Click here to read more about the micro-hospital and multispecialty center.