BuildING Information Modeling (BIM)
The Walsh Group is constantly evaluating and improving the ways to manage, build, and deliver projects for our clients. With Building Information Modeling (BIM), we are leading the construction industry away from traditional 2D construction drawings and replacing them with 3D computer models. By virtually building the project with computer models before physical construction, our project teams can identify and optimize complex issues during design. This leads to faster schedules, reliable costs, and less waste.
Our team, often working with architects and engineers, uses the most current technology to create information rich models that are not merely visual representations of what the project will look like, but that contain valuable information regarding the building’s design, performance, logistics, and constructability.
On previous projects, we have seen numerous benefits including:
- Quickly and accurately evaluate the implications of “what-if” design scenarios and changes
- Provide 3D visuals for better communication
- Visually evaluate sequencing and scheduling
- 3D coordination to prevent system collisions and improve installations
- Improved scheduling of activities that overlap business operations
- Improved quality through increased prefabrication
- Improved site safety
- Reduced waste